The new house appears to be a little more than half done, and this is certainly exciting. What's also exciting is the CAT6 cabling that'll run to every room in the home, making WiFi optional and not at all a requirement. This is something I've been looking forward to in a home for well over 20 years and it's nice to see it come to fruition.
Some of the other nice things about this place:
- there's a big, open kitchen
- the living room is wide open and bright
- there's an ethernet port in every room
- there's a dedicated work space for Nozomi and I to enjoy during the week when I'm working remotely
- the neighbour homes aren't physically connected!
That last one is particularly nice.
Hopefully the home will be 100% completed by mid-March, and the city can send their inspectors a little bit later to give the building a passing grade. Once it's done, then we can move into the house and turn it into a home. Exciting times, indeed!